Why use Bulk Organic Compost?
- supplies a significant quantity of organic matter;
- improves soil structure, porosity, density, and creates a better plant root environment;
- increases infiltration and permeability of heavy soils, reducing erosion and runoff;
- improves water holding capacity, reducing water loss and leaching in sandy soils;
- supplies a variety of slow-release macro and micronutrients;
- may control or suppress certain soil-borne plant pathogens;
- improves cation exchange capacity (CEC), improving ability to retain nutrients;
- supplies beneficial microorganisms to soils;
- improves and stabilizes soil pH; and
- can bind and degrade specific pollutants.
The bulk organic compost that we carry is manufactured in strict accordance with all state and federal guidelines. Our local compost supplier is a top participant in the US Compost Council Seal of Testing Assurance (STA) Program and invests in extensive testing on a regular basis and we like knowing that by buying local ourselves we are helping our customers get the highest quality products for their gardens with the smallest impact on the environment.
More questions about how you can use compost in your home landscape? Feel free to contact us, we are happy to answer any questions and help you to figure out how much compost you need to get your project done.